Advantages of Flexible Circuit Design
- Reduce messy, time consuming wire harnesses
- Space and weight reduction coupled to robust connections and fast assembly
- Excellent performance in high vibration applications- flexibility reduces stress on solder joints
- Polyamide covering protects circuits in harsh environments
- Excellent performance in high speed signal transmission applications
- Uniform spacings between conductors and ground helps to control impedance and reduce crosstalk
Common questions regarding Flexible Circuit design?
"What is the minimum bend radius that I can work with?"
A good rule of thumb to go by is a minimum of 6x the circuit thickness with single layer flex circuit the best choice for flexible areas. Typically, a layer is 0.15mm thick
- Single-layer: 6 × circuit thickness (minimum)
- Double-layer: 12 × circuit thickness (minimum)
- Multilayer: 24 × circuit thickness (minimum)